Christi Beraud’s Beef Short Ribs with Rice & Gravy: A Cajun Favorite
Welcome to Tee’s Kitchen! Today, our host, Christi Beraud, a 2nd grade teacher from Maurice, Louisiana, and a passionate Cajun foodie, will be sharing a beloved dish from her Cajun heritage – Beef Short Ribs with Rice & Gravy.
Recipe: Beef Short Ribs with Rice & Gravy
- Beef short ribs
- Cajun seasoning (preferably Cajun Power)
- Oil for browning
- 2 onions
- Water or beef stock
- 1 teaspoon of “Better Than Bouillon” (if using water)
- A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Vegetables: carrots, celery, pearl onions, and baby potatoes
- Rice, for serving
- Heat up oil in a large Magnalite pot.
- Season the short ribs on both sides with Cajun seasoning and brown them on both sides in the hot oil.
- Add sliced onions to the pot.
- Cover the contents of the pot with either water or beef stock. If using water, add a teaspoon of “Better Than Bouillon”.
- Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Allow the mixture to cook for a couple of hours.
- Add the vegetables: carrots, celery, pearl onions, and baby potatoes. Continue to cook until the vegetables become tender.
- Serve the final dish over rice and enjoy your delicious Beef Short Ribs with Rice & Gravy!
Join us on TeeCooks.com for more delicious Cajun recipes from Christi Beraud!