Christi Beraud’s Christmas Cheese Crackers Recipe
Christi Beraud, a Cajun foodie, cake designer, and 2nd-grade teacher from Maurice, Louisiana, shares her family’s traditional Christmas Cheese Crackers recipe. These homemade crackers, filled with the savory goodness of cheddar cheese and a hint of spice, are a holiday favorite in her family and are sure to become one in yours too.
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn starch
- Chopped up butter
- Optional: Louisiana Fish Fry Cayenne pepper and Deep South garlic powder
- Combine the shredded cheddar cheese, flour, corn starch, salt, chopped up butter, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a food processor.
- Pulse the mixture in the food processor until it resembles wet sand.
- Slowly add one tablespoon of cold water at a time while pulsing the mixture. Add approximately four tablespoons of cold water until the mixture starts forming clumps.
- Divide the mixture in half, wrap in Saran Wrap, and place in the refrigerator (or “icebox”) for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- After chilling, roll out the mixture into a thin layer.
- Use mini cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the rolled-out dough.
- Bake the crackers at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
Enjoy Your Homemade Christmas Cheese Crackers!
These crispy, cheesy, and delicious crackers are a hit at every holiday gathering. They’re perfect for gifting or simply enjoying with your family. Happy cooking and happy holidays from Tee’s Kitchen!