Barbecued Louisiana Crabs Recipe by Christi Beraud
Welcome to Tee’s Kitchen! Today, we’re going to learn how to barbecue Louisiana crabs, a savory Cajun seafood recipe by Christi Beraud, a Cajun foodie, cake designer, and 2nd grade teacher from Maurice, Louisiana. Christi specializes in savory Cajun food, Cajun pies, custom cakes, and mouthwatering desserts all made from scratch. With her bubbly personality and Cajun accent, she brings a unique flavor to the culinary world.
Why Barbecued Crabs?
Living close to the coast in Louisiana, Christi has access to fresh seafood. One day, her husband brought home some crabs to boil, but she decided to barbecue some of them instead, creating a delicious twist on a classic Cajun dish.
- Fresh Louisiana Crabs
- Hot Rods Creole Barbecue Rub
- Hot Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Start by removing the backs of the crabs and cleaning them thoroughly. This is an important step to ensure you get the best flavor from your crabs.
- Melt a stick of butter and pour it over the crabs. The butter adds a rich, creamy flavor that complements the taste of the crabs.
- Season the crabs with Hot Rods Creole Barbecue Rub. This amazing rub adds a spicy kick to the crabs, enhancing their natural flavor.
- Prepare the basting sauce: Melt another stick of butter and add more of the Creole rub, along with garlic, hot sauce, and a little Worcestershire sauce. This sauce will be used to baste the crabs while they’re barbecuing, keeping them moist and flavorful.
- Pour the basting sauce into a squeeze bottle for easy basting. This will allow you to evenly distribute the sauce over the crabs as they cook.
- Barbecue the crabs on high heat for six minutes on each side. This will give them a nice, smoky flavor and ensure they’re cooked to perfection.
Enjoy Your Barbecued Louisiana Crabs!
There’s nothing better than fresh lump crab meat, especially when it’s barbecued with a delicious basting sauce. Enjoy this meal by the pool, accompanied by boiled and barbecued seafood. Bon appétit!
About Christi Beraud
Christi Beraud is not just a Cajun foodie and cake designer, but also a 2nd grade teacher. Her passion for cooking and baking is evident in her delicious recipes. With her bubbly personality and Cajun accent, she brings a unique flavor to the culinary world. Follow her on Tee’s Kitchen for more mouthwatering recipes.